Your ministry of choice purchases your property for less than fair market value. You receive the cash and a charitable deduction for the difference between the market value and purchase price.
How a Bargain Sale Works
- You sell your property to a ministry we serve for a price less than fair market value.
- You receive the cash from the sale and a charitable deduction for your gift to your ministry of choice (the difference between the market value and purchase price).
- While you may owe some tax on the amount you receive from the sale, the charitable deduction from your gift could offset your taxes this year.
Benefits of a Bargain Sale
If you are considering selling your property, a bargain sale will help you meet all of your goals.
- Avoid capital gains tax on your charitable gift.
- The deduction from your gift will give you valuable tax savings that may reduce your tax bill this year.
- With the cash received from the sale, you may then reinvest to create more income for your future.
- Best of all, your gift will help your ministry of choice further its work.